UN Staff Officer’s Course - UNSOC
Students per iteration:
The minimum number per iteration is 10 and the maximum is 25
Iterations per year:
We hold this course once a year. There is a possibility to hold another course during the year, upon request
20 JAN 2020
Deadline for applications:
- O1 to O4 (CPT to LT COL), (For military and police personnel).
- Good command at English language.
- Physically fit.
to train and qualify officers to work in different UN, Sectors and Battalions Headquarters
Military and Police Officers
- Introduction to UN peacekeeping.
- Fundamentals of UN peacekeeping.
- The Establishment and Operationalization of Security Council
- How United Nations PKO Function.
- International Law Applicable to PKO.
- Human Rights Protection in UN PKO.
- Women, Peace and Security: The Role of UN Peacekeeping.
- Protection of Children: The Role of UN Peacekeeping.
- Working with Mission Partners.
- Conduct and Discipline.
- Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Consequences of Misconduct.
- HIV/AIDS in PKO.
- Respect for Diversity. o Safety and Security.
- ICRC / LOAC.
- Use of Interpreter.
- Duties of G1, G2, G3, G4.
- Media Relations.
- Duties of Liaison Officer.
- UN Reimbursement System.
- UN Police Monitors.
- UN Communication Phonetics/ Pro-word.
- UN Map Reading + GPS (Exercise).
- Communication (Exercise).
- UN Driving Skills (Exercise).
- Student Presentation Delivery.
This course can be arranged as special course during the year for participants from friendly countries upon request, provided that number of participants is not less than 10
Back To Top↑